As a loving dog parent, your top priority is to make sure your pups feel their best. Your dog is likely much more concerned with their next treat. Homemade CBD dog treats can give you the best of both worlds – a yummy snack your dog will crave, packed with an array of health benefits that you'll love.
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a beneficial compound derived from Hemp plants. It’s known for its diverse potential for improving health in both humans and animals. CBD Oil is highly safe and doesn’t produce the harsh side effects of traditional medications. While Cannabis plants are typically associated with producing a “high,” CBD Oil has no psychoactive effects at all. That’s because it contains less than 0.3 percent THC. It is commonly given to pets as a daily supplement with the goal of providing calm and relaxation, as well as improving behavioral wellness.
How to Make a CBD Dog Treat Recipe
There are some important things to note before embarking on making CBD treats for your pup.
- Treats that aren’t cooked or baked are best. CBD can lose potency when heated up. It also makes it much harder to know your pup is getting the ideal serving size. If you want to do a baked CBD dog treat recipe, keep the bake temp under 350 or, better yet, bake the treats and then put the appropriate dose on each cookie and allow the Pet CBD Oil to be absorbed after baking.
- CBD dog treat recipes can be kept incredibly simple by just mixing CBD Oil with some gravy, broth, peanut butter, plain yogurt, cream cheese, a favorite wet food, some ground meat or fish, etc. Mixing CBD Oil with warm foods is totally fine. It is higher temps that degrade the CBD. So if the treat isn’t too hot for your pet, it isn’t so hot it will break down the CBD Oil.
- When you add CBD Oil to recipes, you may want to remove a touch of liquid or other oils or add a bit more flour, oats, or other dry ingredients.
- Speak with your veterinarian or use this CBD Dosing Chart for Dogs to determine the ideal dose for your pet. Be sure the oil is measured for the right serving size in each treat. Either mix the calculated total of CBD Oil in the treat mix well so it will be evenly distributed or add the CBD Oil to each treat.
Peanut Butter is a Great Way to Give Your Pup CBD
What dog doesn’t like peanut butter? This thick and creamy delight is a perfect vehicle for CBD Oil for dogs. You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter, just be sure to avoid sugar-free peanut butter as it may be toxic to your dog. In a small bowl, mix the drops of Pet CBD Oil with peanut butter until well-combined. You can then place the CBD-infused peanut butter on top of a biscuit, spoon it into your dog’s food dish or let them lap it right off the spoon.
Bonus tip: If your dog suffers from separation anxiety, you can put the CBD peanut butter mix into a hollow toy designed for food dispensing. Served room temperature or frozen, the pleasantly distracting toy combined with the relaxing properties of CBD Oil may help soothe your dog’s nerves.
Beat the Heat with Pupsicles - CBD Oil Dog Treat Recipe
Cool your hot dog down with this chilly dog treat with CBD Oil! “Pupsicles,” or popsicles for dogs, are simple to make and thoroughly appreciated by our furry friends especially during the dog days of summer. All you need is an ice cube tray and some ingredients you likely already have in your pantry or fridge. Start by choosing a few dog-friendly ingredients you can easily mix with a spoon, like classic peanut butter, unsweetened apple sauce, plain yogurt or low-sodium chicken broth. Add your ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together. You can also add a few small pieces of chopped up dog-friendly fruits and vegetables or pieces of kibble. Add your drops of Hemp Bombs Pet CBD Oil and stir to combine. Place the ice cube tray in the freezer and wait until the treats are frozen solid. Pop out one or two treats daily and serve them to your dog.
Homemade CBD Dog Treat Recipe Chicken
Chicken is a great addition to any CBD dog treat recipe! Dogs love chicken and it is good for them. Be sure the chicken does not contain any bones and is mostly white meat.
There are loads of different chicken dog treat recipes online, so take your pick. Then add the correct amount of CBD Oil to offer the best serving size for your pup. You can also simply offer some of your chicken or make a little extra when you make some for yourself and add the CBD Oil to your pet’s portion.
A great way to “cheat” a homemade CBD chicken recipe is by using Hemp Bombs Pet CBD Oil chicken flavor. Add it to some rice, plain yogurt or a biscuit. If you happen to be a vegetarian and don’t keep meat around the house, make a simple veggie dog biscuit and add the chicken-flavored CBD Oil. Voila! You still made a homemade chicken CBD treat for your best friend!
Easy Peanut Butter CBD Dog Treat Recipe
- 1c canned pumpkin puree (no added ingredients)
- ¼ c natural peanut butter
- ¼ c milk
- 3c old fashioned oats (save 1/2c to roll treats in)
- Hemp Bombs CBD Oil (measured to offer the ideal amount to your pet per treat)
Mix the pumpkin, peanut butter and milk well. Slowly incorporate 2 1/2c of the oats with the rest of the ingredients. Create balls and roll them in the remaining oats. You can cater the size of the balls to your pet. This is an especially great option if you want to offer these treats to pets of different sizes. Refrigerate these balls for about an hour so they can set up. This recipe makes about 25 one-inch CBD dog treat balls. So, for example, if you want to offer your 50lb dog one treat with a full serving size, you will need to add 250mg of CBD to the entire recipe so that your dog will get about 10mg per treat. Store these treats in the fridge.
Where Can I Buy Pet CBD Oil for Recipes?
Hemp Bombs is a trusted brand in the CBD Industry, and our Pet CBD Oil is specifically formulated with pet health in mind. Just like with our CBD Oil, CBD Gummies and other high-quality human CBD products, our Pet CBD Oil contains premium CBD with less than 0.3 percent THC, making it federally legal. We verify the contents and concentration levels of our products with a third-party lab for transparency. Hemp Bombs has a strict commitment to quality, which is why our CBD pricing is competitive and our CBD is sourced from superior-grade Industrial Hemp grown with sustainable methods. Our Pet CBD Oil is available in two concentrations – 250mg and 1000mg – to fit the needs of pets of all sizes.
You May Also Like:
- How to Give a Dog CBD Oil
- How to Choose the Best CBD Oil for My Dog
- When to Give My Dog CBD Treats
- CBD for Pet Anxiety During Travel
- CBD Oil for Dog Pain
- Dog Anxiety