CBD Oil for Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia (or fibrositis) is a widespread musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by chronic pain. Musculoskeletal pain tends to affect the body’s muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones. Fibromyalgia has become a common condition associated with joint pain and fatigue. It is estimated that around 200 million to 400 million people worldwide suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome. Some people who suffer from fibromyalgia have found that CBD, or Cannabidiol, is an increasingly popular compound for relief. CBD is a natural compound derived from Hemp or Marijuana plants and may offer a wide variety of potential health and wellness benefits. CBD is devoid of psychoactive properties, meaning that it won’t get you “high.” Recent studies have shown that CBD Oil may help reduce the symptoms caused by fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) is one of the most common chronic pain conditions in the world. Since fibromyalgia is classified as a syndrome, many symptoms characterize the condition. Fibromyalgia occurs when the body’s nerve stimuli cause pain that originates mainly from tissues inside the body. When suffering arises in tissues, it then amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way the brain processes pain signals. Trigger points for pain are in the neck and shoulder areas of the body. Evidence suggests fibromyalgia is more prevalent in women. People living with Fibromyalgia also experience disrupted sleep and mental clarity.
While doctors don’t know the exact cause of fibromyalgia, researchers have determined that the syndrome may develop from multiple causes including:
- Genetics – Fibromyalgia tends to run in families and there may be certain genetic mutations that may make you more susceptible to developing this disorder.
- Infections – Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia. Autoimmune diseases, such as lupus, may increase your chances of developing fibromyalgia.
- Physical or Emotional Trauma – Physical trauma, like a car accident, can sometimes trigger fibromyalgia. Stressful and traumatic emotional events have also been linked with fibromyalgia.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia cover a wide variety of physical and mental deficiencies. The most common symptoms include:
- Muscle pain – Pain associated with fibromyalgia is often described as a constant dull ache throughout the body. Specific locations of the body become “tender points” and may hurt when pressure is applied. The pain must occur on both sides of the body and above and below the waist.
- Fatigue – People with fibromyalgia often wake feeling tired, even after sleeping for long periods of time. Sleep is often troubled by restless legs and sleep apnea. This means their bodies don’t get the chance to fully rest, which can lead to an ongoing cycle that increases pain and prevents quality sleep.
- Cognitive difficulties – Commonly referred to as “fibro fog,” this symptom often impairs one’s ability to focus, pay attention, and concentrate on mental tasks. Memory deficits and confusion are also associated with this cognitive dysfunction.
Initially only understood by arthritis doctors, fibromyalgia has captured the attention of many healthcare providers. Today, fibromyalgia patients can be handled by their primary health care provider. While there is no cure for Fibromyalgia, a variety of medications and therapy can help control symptoms, including CBD oil. It’s common for fibromyalgia patients to experience a variety of symptoms. Remedies may include the following:
- Active exercise – Physical activity can lessen pain and improve fitness.
- Acupuncture – This traditional Chinese practice uses thin needles inserted at crucial points of the body to restore the flow of energy.
- Psychotherapy – A form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, psychotherapy helps the patient increase the understanding of their condition and explore the role of coping styles with physical sensations.
- Chiropractic care – Using adjustment, manipulations, and stretches, chiropractors can help ease pain associated with fibromyalgia.
- Massage – Massage may help alleviate muscle pain.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapists can help restore physical function and mobility, maintain physical physique, and promote proper physical activity.
- Medication – A doctor may recommend common over-the-counter medications like amitriptyline or prescription drugs such as Cymbalta, Savella, and Lyrica to help improve fibromyalgia conditions.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a prevalent compound derived from Cannabis plants, which refers to Hemp and Marijuana. CBD is found in both Hemp and Marijuana plants and has no psychoactive properties. This means that CBD doesn’t produce a “high,” as opposed to THC. CBD has the potential to be highly effective in relieving anxiety, discomfort, sleep issues and more.
CBD is a cannabinoid, and cannabinoids are also naturally produced by the human body to help regulate its Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The Endocannabinoid System is a biological system responsible for maintaining essential health functions. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body in places such as:
- Connective Tissues
- Immune Cells
The Endocannabinoid System performs multiple tasks with the principal goal of maintaining homeostasis. Homeostasis is the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite the variations in an external environment. CBD Oil may have the potential to stop nerves from sending pain signals between the brain and body tissue.
A 2016 study suggested that a lack of endocannabinoids, neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors, may be at the root of chronic pain syndromes, like fibromyalgia. Taking CBD Oil may help fibromyalgia patients by offering the following potential benefits:
- Promotes calmness and relaxation
- Minimizes pain and discomfort
- Increases in daytime alertness
- Deeper, more restful sleep
When it comes to choosing a CBD oil, it is important to know exactly what you are consuming. At Hemp Bombs, our products are made with CBD sourced from superior-grade Industrial Hemp. Our products are naturally grown without pesticides, toxins, and other harmful chemicals. By choosing Hemp that is grown with sustainable methods, our products are healthy for you and the environment.
Hemp Bombs’ CBD contains zero traces of THC, making it federally legal. CBD oil also causes no known side effects or cases of overdoes, unlike many traditional medications.
All our products are third-party lab tested, meaning we are dedicated to ensuring you premium quality CBD Oil. Hemp Bombs has a diverse product line and some of the highest potency products on the market. If you choose to use CBD oil for fibromyalgia, you may find it has potential benefits.
If you have not tried CBD oil before, it’s important to know that it affects everyone differently. The amount needed to achieve CBD's potential therapeutic benefits may vary depending on factors like age, size, and severity of condition. We recommend starting with a small amount, like 5-10mg, and gradually increasing until you achieve desired results. Our CBD Oil products range from 300mg to 4000mg and come in two subtle yet delicious flavors, peppermint and watermelon.
CBD Oil has the potential to relieve the stress and discomfort related to fibromyalgia. It’s essential to choose a product that comes from high quality Hemp and is verified by a third-party lab, like Hemp Bombs’ products. We recommend reading reviews, about your CBD products before you purchase. Hemp Bombs CBD is available in many forms besides our CBD Oil, including CBD Gummies, CBD E-liquids, CBD Capsules, and more. Shop now to browse our premium CBD selection.